At Tavenner & Beran, PLC the founding attorneys, Lynn Tavenner and Paula Beran, have more than 55 combined years of experience and each member of our team is highly trained and prepared to handle any client need. We focus primarily on insolvency issues by representing—
- All entities in business reorganizations and liquidations
- Trustees and creditors in all other aspects of bankruptcy and creditors' rights
- Defendants in adversary proceedings brought in bankruptcy court
Tavenner & Beran, PLC has extensive experience representing clients of all sizes in the bankruptcy courts in the eastern and western districts of Virginia.
- Chapter 11 Since our founding in 2002, we have played a significant role in many large and complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases in Virginia. In Chapter 11 cases, we have represented—
- Official Creditors' Committees
- Litigation and/or Liquidation Trustees
- Stalking Horse Bidders/Purchasers
- Secured Creditors
- Chapter 7 and 13 We frequently represent trustees and creditors in consumer and business Chapter 7 and individual Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
We have also assisted many entities in financial restructuring outside of bankruptcy. In addition, we have served as custodians and receivers in state court proceedings.
Your business is personal to us
Tavenner & Beran, PLC is a small, boutique firm by design. This allows us to delve deeply into each case and provide strategic, attentive service to each of our clients. Because of our design, we rarely have business or ethical impediments and, therefore, can handle other firms' conflicts.
A reputation for excellence
As we have built our business, we have developed a stellar reputation for handling both large, complex and small business bankruptcy cases effectively and efficiently. Our practice has grown based on the referrals of previous clients and larger law firms with whom we have worked. We are one of the few law firms in Virginia to have our attorneys recognized as—
- Chambers USA
- AV® Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006–2018
- Bankruptcy/Creditors' Rights
- Virginia's Legal Elite, in Virginia Business Magazine
- Virginia Super Lawyers, 2007–2018
Both Ms. Tavenner and Ms. Beran are in-demand speakers on bankruptcy issues at regional and national symposiums and continuing legal education seminars for local and state bar associations and business organizations.
Contact Tavenner & Beran, PLC today
Knowledge, experience, and a commitment to excellence. That is what you get when you partner with the bankruptcy lawyers at Tavenner & Beran, PLC. Contact us today for details on how we can assist you.